Endocrinology is the study of hormones and the role they play in our bodies to keep it functioning at optimum health. Hormones have a critical function in a range of our daily activities. From stress levels to moods, body temperature, sleep, metabolism to body’s growth and its ability to combat illnesses, hormones control many functions in the body, and treating hormone-related diseases is a vital part of medical care.
Our Endocrinology Department is patient-centered and has a special clinic for diabetes, endocrinology, metabolism and genetics that deals with:
- Bone disorders.
- Weight problems.
- Calcium balance disorders.
- Thyroid disorders.
- Disorders of glucose and lipid metabolism (including diabetes)
Our doctors, with a wealth of experience in treating patients, follow evidence-based treatments to ensure the most effective outcome.
- All forms of Pituitary disorders/tumours and dysfunctions.
- Thyroid disorders: hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), goitre/nodules.
- Parathyroid disorders.
- Adrenal disorders: addison’s disease, primary hyperaldosteronism (conn’s syndrome), cushing’s syndrome, pheochromocytoma.
- Obesity management, lipid disorders, polycystic ovarian syndrome, hirsuitis.
- Comprehensive management of all forms of diabetes.
- Diabetes in preconception period and pregnancy.
- Management of diabetes-related emergencies.
Mineral metabolism treatments:
- Calcium and mineral disorders.
- Vitamin D deficiency/osteomalacia osteoporosis.
- Paget’s disease.