Cosmetic dental procedures have become increasingly popular in the past few years. You can utilize many different customization options to achieve the perfect smile. However, it would be best to be careful with your selection, as the wrong ones can significantly affect your facial appearance and require corrections. In some cases, dentists may need to do a new procedure which can be expensive. Therefore, choosing the right shape and color for your teeth is crucial, and we will explore how you can do this in this blog.
What are cosmetic dental procedures?
Cosmetic dentistry consists of a wide range of procedures that focus on improving the aesthetics of your teeth and smile. They can also sometimes be used to restore functionalities such as better chewing and an improved bite.
You can use various cosmetic dentistry services such as teeth whitening, cosmetic correction, and Hollywood smile. In some cases, a combination of them can be used to avail your desired results. They include different facets of dentistry such as bleaching, crowns, veneers, and implants, to name a few. Therefore the shape and color of a person’s teeth can be changed to their liking. However, you need to keep in mind that any customization you do needs to suit your facial features. Otherwise, they can look artificial.
How to select the color?
It might seem baffling to some, but in dentistry, white encompasses a range of shades. Therefore, whether you want veneers or a whitening procedure, you can select the perfect white that suits your appearance at a dental clinic. When selecting a color, you should make sure that it helps your teeth look bright, healthy, and natural. If it is too white, then your smile will appear unnatural and visually unattractive.
To select the perfect color, you can use the tips below.
- It should never be whiter than the sclera; that is the white part of your eyes.
- If your skin tone is fair, choose from the whitest shades as the skin would not contrast with natural-toned teeth. Therefore, a lighter color will make your teeth appear more white.
- If your skin tone is medium or dark, opt for natural colors as highly bleached shades will have too much contrast and look artificial.
How to select the shape?
In cosmetic dentistry, the shape of your teeth can be customized according to your needs; therefore, when selecting one, you should be very careful. The wrong choice can make your teeth look unnatural and may cause biting and chewing issues.
The most important thing you need to pay attention to is the shape of your face. The dimensions of your facial features can significantly affect your smile; therefore, you need to make sure the option you select can provide balance.
- Oval looks attractive with square-shaped teeth as they help make your face look wider and fuller.
- Square looks good with rounded teeth as it softens their appearance.
- Heart is better suited for round and shorter teeth as it balances their features well.
- Round looks best with longer and defined teeth which help make their facial features look narrow.
If you want cosmetic dental procedures to make your teeth look their absolute best, make sure to come to our dental clinic and consult with a dentist. They will help you pick the right color and shape based on your preferences and what would make you look fantastic.